- Course schedules for the 2018/19 school year are now available through your PowerSchool account.
- Schedules are subject to change. A schedule may change for the following reasons: new classes being added, not passing a class or classes being over-capacity.
- Please review your schedule and ensure that you are meeting your graduation requirements and that you have a full credit load (min of 6 credits, 5 for seniors).
- If you need assistance with understanding your schedule in PowerSchool, please start by reviewing this guide.
Directions for Schedule Change Requests:
- If you are having difficulty logging into your PowerSchool account, please see Ms. Sienkiewicz in the main office or email her at email@example.com to assist you. Students are expected to view schedules in PowerSchool. NO hard copy schedules will be printed.
- Schedule change requests may be made by completing the corresponding Change Request Form for your counselor:
After submitting a form, you will be contacted by your counselor to meet, if needed, to discuss the adjustment. Counselors will be prioritizing schedule adjustments. Seniors and students with any major issues, such as missing a requirement, will be prioritized first.
Students can make schedule change requests through the end of the add/drop period which occurs during the start of the school year. Additional information regarding the add/drop period will be provided the beginning of September.
Be prepared with ideas for courses, especially electives. Understand that some courses require a teacher recommendation.
You will be encouraged to take a full and rigorous program of classes. We want BHS students to challenge themselves and take advantage of the many opportunities we have at our school.
Remember, some classes may be full and some requests may create course conflicts requiring students to make choices between two desired classes.
Guidance and School Counseling Department
Ms. Bruder, Mr. Macias, Ms. Peltier, Ms. Prouty, and Mr. Settel
Academic Planning: Counselors assist students in developing a course of study appropriate to student’s level, interest, and possible career path.
Post High School Planning: Counselors assist students in gaining knowledge about their own interests and skills by making use of assessments (skills and knowledge inventories, personality type/learning style assessors, etc.), use of the technology-based program Naviance, and individual counseling to develop an ongoing plan for life beyond high school.
Social/Emotional Support: Counselors can help students with a wide range of issues including but not limited to decision-making skills, transitions, time management skills, and learning how to manage peer relationships.
Counselors meet with students on both an individual basis and in a group settings throughout the student’s high school career. Students may make an appointment with their counselor by directly emailing them. Their counselor will schedule them for an appointment. Counselors are available to students throughout the day and practice an “open door” policy whenever possible. Emergency situations will be handled on an individual basis
Contact the BHS Guidance Office by calling (802) 864-8581 or faxing (802) 864-8408
Guidance Counselor Assignments 2017-2018
Mrs. Lise Bruder————- 9th Grade firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Mario Macias ———- A-Be, J-Mc email@example.com
Mrs. Simrat Peltier———- Md- Z firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs.Karen Prouty———– Bf-I email@example.com
Mr. Tony Settel ———— EL Student firstname.lastname@example.org
Brittany Langevin——-Registrar email@example.com
Brenda Racht—- Admin Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
Road to College
Thinking about joining a sports team in college? Here is a website to help you to balance school and sports. https://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/college-resource-center/student-athletes-and-academics/
Parents/Guardians if you would like access to your student(s) Naviance accounts please fill out this form.