Burlington High School concludes the second semester of school with the Year End Studies (YES) session. As part of the academic school calendar, the YES session offers all students of the BHS community exciting alternatives for learning. These non-traditional courses expand student understanding and inspire new student interests. Intensive, interest-driven opportunities enhance enthusiasm for learning and strengthen relationships within BHS and the Burlington community.
- Transforms school culture
- Creates a springboard for students to create PLPs and goals
- Intensifies student-focused study
- Provides equitable opportunities; any student can take any course
- Improves and encourages connections with the community
- Provides extra student interventions (credit recovery)
- Groups students by interest not ability
- Creates and renews relationships between peers AND students/teachers
- Increases opportunities for experiential learning
- Extends and expands teaching opportunities
- Encourages responsible risk taking
- Challenges our comfort limits
- Provides opportunities to share our passions
- Increases student choice
Look for more information about YES 2018 during the spring semester.