Hello BHS Families,
I write to you during an unsettling and uncertain time. Please know that we are doing all that we can to support our students, faculty and staff. As we have no official order to shutdown, my job is to let you know what BHS has done and is doing to prepare for Monday and beyond.
On Friday, our teachers worked to create department frameworks to use in regard to how we continue instruction if our schools close. Here are a few things accomplished
- We worked with students to ensure that they had access to their email using their Chromebooks
- We encouraged students who were missing chargers to replace them before they left school Friday
- We have adjusted our schedule for Monday to include all Blue and White day classes so that all teachers will have the opportunity to meet with all of their students with instructions and assignments in case we are shut down
- Faculty were given close to 100 free online resources in regard to virtual learning
Here is what you can expect and not expect
- We will not be able to support an all school, real-time virtual learning portal similar to our daily schedule. Unfortunately, the college model would not work for us
- Some students can expect to be sent for example, learning videos
- Students will continue to view and receive assignments via Unified Classroom
- Some classes might create arranged “virtual chats” if possible, which would give them an opportunity to interact directly with their teachers
- Students should be checking their email numerous times per day as they receive directions from teachers
- Students will earn credit for assignments completed if we are closed
Please also know that a plan is also being developed in regard to food in the event that we are closed. I don’t have all of the details at this point but know that there would be a district communication with an explanation.
There are so many things to consider and it seems that updates come hourly. That being said, there are so many things that I am trying to resolve and account for that I know I can’t remember it all with each communication. So, please be patient with me in terms of multiple emails. We are doing our best!