Students and teachers are expected to be working on school work 5 days per week. Classes will meet via Google Meets on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Students will work on independent learning on Wednesdays.
Students will get their weekly work plans on Mondays. This will detail the synchronous and asynchronous learning starting on Monday and ending Sunday.
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays
Block 1 is 10:00 – 10:50 am
Block 2 is 11:00 – 11:50 am
Lunch is 12:00 – 12:50 pm
Block 3 is 1:00 – 1:50 pm
Block 4 is 2:00 – 2:50 pm
Wednesdays are asynchronous Learning – students will work on assigned learning projects. Students may get drop-in help from teachers or they may be assigned to office hours for extra support at the following times.
Block 1 is 10:00 – 10:30 am
Block 2 is 11:00 – 11:30 am
Block 3 is 1:00 – 1:30 pm
Block 4 is 2:00 – 2:30 pm
- Students are expected to be present at class meetings on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Student attendance will be taken at each class meeting.
- If a student cannot attend, it is expected that they will follow the usual absence procedure.
- Students must fill out the “remote work completed” form each Wednesday. If completed by the end of the day, students will be marked present for the day. Students who do not fill out the form will be marked absent.
- Students will strive be Successful Remote Learners
- Students will complete assignments detailed in their Weekly Learning Plans on Wednesdays.
- Students will follow all school rules while in virtual classrooms, small groups, and other online spaces.
- Students who have questions or need assistance from teachers can access them on Wednesday at the designated office hours or by scheduling a meeting ahead of time. Wednesday office hours are not required for students, unless a teacher requests that a student come for extra help.
- Students who cannot access the internet or who cannot attend school from home, should contact their school counselor immediately for assistance.
Please see the communication below from our Food Services Department
We are working to secure some spaces for community meal drops for Wednesdays and Fridays from 3:00-4:30. These drops will be for multiple days, and include pre-made meals as well as bulk items such as milk, fruits, and cereals. At this point we expect to have these take place outdoors at SA, North Ave Alliance Church, B&G Club, and a south end site TBD.
Meals for remote days are available daily during student drop off at all K-8 schools and consist of a breakfast, lunch, supper and snack for each day a student is learning remotely. Breakfast and Lunches can also be provided for weekends.
Parents can pick up meals at any site for any of their children regardless of age. High School students may go pick up the meals for themselves as well.