Sign up to receive updates about Burlington High School’s renovation project.
- Major focus on accessibility needs
- Provide additional stage support space
- Provide informal student gathering spaces
- Reconfigured classrooms to accommodate 21st century learning
- Address Deferred & Preventative Maintenance Needs
- Complete MEP upgrade
- Create single entrance/drop off for BHS and BTC
- Provide athletic support spaces
(training room, changing rooms) accessible to ball fields
- Decentralize individual academic departments
- Centralize faculty offices around Library
- Refined Program Space Needs
- Provide appropriate location/facilities for On Top program
- House part or all of Property Services
Are you interested in being a part of the Resource Committee?
The Goals of the research committee are:
- To research aspects of the school renovation in depth for the steering committee and report back. This will spread the work around and allow the steering committee to spend its time bringing together all the various considerations. The steering committee will make the final recommendation to the superintendent.
- To act as ambassadors to the community at large, helping spread the word about the final plan and explaining why the community needs to vote yes for the construction bond. The more informed people who are out there telling their networks to vote yes, the more likely the bond is to pass.
What’s happened so far?
- Back in 2014 a group of volunteers did extensive work to gather feedback, support, and kick off a new high school project. For a variety of reasons, that group could not fully carry out it’s work at that time.
- Their research has been analyzed and a new committee was formed this spring to jump start the work again.
- The group has met a handful of times to review past work, bring forward new work, and to begin planning for a community input process.
What happens next?
- The committee will be creating a short video with RETN to build public awareness about the Renovation Project.
- There will be a variety of community input sessions.
- Members of the group will intentionally reach out to other groups to inform them and gather feedback.
- A recommendation will be made to the Superintendent for a recommended High School plan option.
- The Superintendent will bring the recommendation to the School Board.
- A public awareness campaign will be launched to garner support for a future bond vote for the selected plan.