Welcome to Downtown BHS! My name is Lauren McBride and I am entering into my 5th year in Burlington and my 2nd full year as Principal at Burlington High School. My experience in education spans from my days as an elementary school teacher, serving as a literacy specialist developing and coaching educators in instructional pedagogy, to supporting school improvement and turnaround efforts across the Greater Boston area. All of these experiences have brought me to Burlington High School, where I feel honored to work in a community dedicated to enhancing educational opportunities for all students.
As I enter into year two as BHS Principal, I am excited to continue to cultivate and support deeper learning experiences for our students. A pillar of this work is empowering and encouraging students by giving them the opportunity to take a more active role within the school as we continue to grow together as a community. This is an exciting time for Burlington. We are undergoing the building of a new home and taking advantage of our time downtown, and I feel fortunate to be a part of this journey!
When I’m not at work, I savor my time with my partner, our two children and our dog, Mason. I enjoy cooking and am always trying new recipes – luckily, my family is adventurous when it comes to experiencing new foods! I also enjoy playing sports and like to stay active – I grew up playing field hockey, lacrosse and ice hockey – and still love to get out there when I can.
BHS Leadership Team
- Lauren McBride, Principal – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melanee Alexander, Assistant Principal – email@example.com
- Francesca Dupuis, Assistant Principal – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Kate Paxton, Assistant Principal of Student Supports – email@example.com
- LeVar Barrino, Dean of Students – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quaron Pinckney, Athletic Director – email@example.com
- Joe Faitak, Instructional Coach – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brooke Hoyt, Executive Administrative Assistant – email@example.com