Contact the BHS Guidance Office by calling (802) 864-8581 or faxing (802) 864-8408
Registrars Office – Ext 1
Tim Wile/ Amy McArdle – Ext 2
Lise Bruder – Ext 3
Tony Settel – Ext 4
Lindsey Addams – Ext 5
Karen Prouty – Ext 6
Guidance Counselors Assignments
|Ms. Lise Bruder||9th Gradefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. Tim Wile||A-Be, J-Mc (seniors only)||email@example.com|
|Ms. Amy McArdle||A-Be, J-Mc (10th &11th)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. Lindsey Addams||Md- Zemail@example.com|
|Mr. Tony Settel||EL Studentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Brenda Racht||Admin Assistantemail@example.com|
Guidance Department Mission Statement
Academic Planning: Counselors assist students in developing a course of study appropriate to student’s level, interest, and possible career path.
Post High School Planning: Counselors assist students in gaining knowledge about their own interests and skills by making use of assessments (skills and knowledge inventories, personality type/learning style assessors, etc.), use of the technology-based program Naviance, and individual counseling to develop an ongoing plan for life beyond high school.
Social/Emotional Support: Counselors can help students with a wide range of issues including but not limited to decision-making skills, transitions, time management skills, and learning how to manage peer relationships.
Counselors meet with students on both an individual basis and in a group settings throughout the student’s high school career. Students may make an appointment with their counselor by directly emailing them. Their counselor will schedule them for an appointment. Counselors are available to students throughout the day and practice an “open door” policy whenever possible. Emergency situations will be handled on an individual basis
IMPORTANT UPCOMING EVENTS
Passport UVM Information- https://www.uvm.edu/admissions/undergraduate/passport_uvm
SCHEDULE CHANGE REQUESTS:
- Schedule change requests may be made through August 23, 2019 by completing the corresponding Change Request Form. After August 23rd, we are asking that students wait until the start of the year to make any further requests.
- Once school begins schedule change requests can be made through the add/drop process, during the add/drop period.
- Additional information regarding the add/drop period will be provided in the beginning of September.
- Current Grades 8 & 9 Students: 2019-20 Schedule Change Request Form – Lise Bruder: https://forms.gle/gufHDqZzy4amKtNw7
- EL Students Grades 9-12: 2019-20 Schedule Change Request Form – Tony Settel: https://forms.gle/NwmLcd7TNu9gfQuQ6
- Current Grades 10-11 Students with Last Name A-Be: 2019-20 Schedule Change Request Form https://forms.gle/MTXncz25RV2VaERUA
- Current Grades 10-11 Students with Last Name Bf-I: 2019-20 Schedule Change Request Form – Karen Prouty https://forms.gle/5ZfDvYM5cHJyvM6x6
- Current Grades 10-11 Students with Last Name J-Mc: 2019-20 Schedule Change Request Form https://forms.gle/MTXncz25RV2VaERUA
- Current Grades 10-11 Students with Last Name: Md-Z: 2019-20 Schedule Change Request Form https://forms.gle/AhaW5TiKX7Tp9ZNR9
- After submitting a form, you will be contacted by your counselor. Counselors will be prioritizing schedule adjustments. Seniors and students with any major issues, such as missing a requirement, will be prioritized first.
- Remember, some classes may be full and some requests may create course conflicts requiring students to make choices between two desired classes.