BHS students have the opportunity to take college-level courses while enrolled at BHS for free. Interested students should visit the College Services Office located to the right of the BHS Health Office.
Want to get a head start on college while still enrolled high school? Not able to fit a course into your BHS schedule? Then Dual Enrollment is the perfect opportunity for you!
Vermont’s Dual Enrollment Program allows high school students to take college courses while still enrolled in high school. Participating students earn college credits, reducing the time it takes to get a college degree, potentially reducing the cost associated with college, while challenging themselves through college level curriculum.
Students are encouraged to contact Dhyana Bradley via email email@example.com or phone (802)238-9453 to set up an appointment.
- Every Junior and Senior at Burlington High School is eligible for TWO free college courses prior to graduation.
How It Works
- Explore course options with Ms Dhyana Bradley
- Apply for a Dual Enrollment voucher dualenrollment.vermont.gov/vtde
- The voucher covers the cost of tuition for up to a 4-credit course at any of the participating colleges. The voucher does not cover the costs of materials and textbooks. Some funding is available through VSAC to help cover these additional costs for students who are eligible for free and reduced price lunch.
- Vouchers are awarded on a semester-by-semester basis, and unused vouchers expire every semester.
- Students must get approval for a dual enrollment course from their high school principal to ensure they will receive high school credit
- Complete College Registration paperwork (Ms Bradley will walk each student through this process because it is different at each participating college).
- Some schools may require a placement test
- Each student will receive on-going support throughout the semester
Participating Vermont Colleges and Universities
- Champlain College
- Community College of Vermont
- New England Culinary Institute
- Saint Michael’s College
- University of Vermont
- Vermont Technical College
Introduction to College & Careers – Great option for Sophomores
Great opportunity for Sophomores and Juniors
CCV offers a free, non-credit Introduction to College & Careers (ICC) course for high school students each semester. ICC prepares you for college by helping you set goals, problem-solve, manage time and stress, improve communication skills, take better notes, reduce test anxiety, and plan financially. To enroll in this class as a new CCV student, apply online and select a specific ICC course section. The skills assessment is not required, as it will be completed during the class.
Students should meet with Dhyana Bradley for support with the registration process. Dbradley@bsdvt.org or (802) 238-9453
As a Vermont high school senior, CCV’s Early College Program allows you to spend your senior year at CCV earning college credits that help you graduate and get a jump on your college degree, tuition free. Students in this program enroll full-time at any of CCV’s 12 locations by taking 4 – 5 college level classes during the fall and spring of their senior year for a total of 8 – 10 classes (24+ credits).
Students should meet with Dhyana Bradley between February of 2020 and June of 2020 to go over program requirements.