Seahorse Pride Mission Statement
BHS Seahorse Pride exists for the purpose of providing additional financial support for the student body and the BHS community in the following ways
- By supporting, promoting, and maintaining a high standard of integrity and honorable, fair-minded, respectful behavior in BHS activities including athletics, academics, art, and music and drama performances.
- By fostering and promoting goodwill and spirit among members and the BHS community at large
- By promoting and encouraging community involvement and awareness of all games, activities, programming, and events at the high school.
- By providing funds to assist all BHS programs, at the organization’s discretion, for items and activities not already covered fully by the district budget.
History of Seahorse Pride
Seahorse Pride is the parent volunteer organization at BHS. Seahorse Pride was initially established as the Booster Club which has traditionally provided support to BHS clubs and athletic programs for decades. Recognizing the need for financial support in other areas of programming provided at BHS, the Boosters became Seahorse Pride in 2017. Hence, we assist in providing needed funding and support for the arts and academic programming in addition to athletics that fall outside the normal school budget. These funds are raised through general donation solicitation from area businesses, families and individuals and from concession stand and apparel sales run by our parent volunteers at events throughout the school year. In a given school year, Seahorse Pride typically provides clubs and organizations thousands of dollars to help defray the costs of programs in addition to teacher appreciation breakfasts and lunches, pasta dinners at Open House and other means of creating and maintaining Seahorse spirit and a sense of community throughout the year.
Seahorse Pride meets the second Monday of the month in the BHS library at 6pm and all are welcome – see the school calendar for specific dates and times. (During the Covid era, we are meeting virtually).
If you are interested in participating in Seahorse Pride, would like to be a sponsor or have ideas to support our organization, please email us at Seahorsepride@gmail.com, reach out to one of the members listed below or attend an upcoming meeting. ALL ARE WELCOME!!! We’d love to have you join our team!
BHS Seahorse Pride is encouraging local businesses to become official sponsors of the BHS Seahorses. Our new approach to fundraising allows businesses to show their support for student involvement in BHS co-curricular activities by becoming a sponsor. Top level sponsors will get to display a banner on the BHS campus showing their support for our Seahorses in addition to having their logo appear on rosters and having an interactive link on the BHS website. For information about All Season Sports Passes or becoming a sponsor please contact us at email@example.com.
Please email us at the address above for more information about requesting funding for your program. We’d love to hear from you.
Allocation process procedure
- Requester will submit written proposal to Seahorse Pride.
- Seahorse Pride will discuss and vote on the request that night if possible.
- If approved, requester will be required to sign up for concession stand/service hours.
- Checks will be allocated after sign-up for concession stand/service hours has occurred.
2020-2021 Seahorse Pride Membership
Jennifer Woods, Co-President
Rebecca Grimm, Co-President
Christopher Hood, Treasurer
Signe Daly, Member
Kate Stein, Member
Carol McCleary, Member
Nancy Westbrook, Member