were not impacted by the Heartbleed Bug:
We also recommend using the below link to self-check any sites
that you may be using at home.
Thanks to the BHS Heroes Club for the 70 pints of blood for the American Red Cross and $2300 raised for Vermont Special Olympics! The Multicultural Festival of Foods was also a great success!
This Week at BHS
April 14: Assistant Principal (9-10th) Interview Sessions – 3:15 and 5:00 (C202, C203, C207)
April 14: Boys Tennis 3:30
April 16: Mock Crash – 11-12th Grades Only, First Block
April 16: Assistant Principal (11-12th) Interview Sessions – 3:15 and 5:00 (C202, C203, C207)
April 16: Track and Field 3:30; Girls Tennis 3:30
April 16: 11th Grade Student/Parent College Night– 7:00 Cafeteria
April 17: Health Fair during Lunches
April 17: National Honor Induction Ceremony – 6:00
April 17: School Board Meeting – 7:00
April 18: Parent Coffee with the Principal– 7:30-8:30 a.m.
April 18: Day of SilenceApril 18: Boys Lacrosse JV 5:30, Varsity 7:00
The latest newsletter can be found here.
BHS Assistant Principal Candidates
Students, teachers, and parents are invited to meet and talk with the final candidates for our two assistant principal searches. Our current two assistant principals are serving this year in an interim capacity. Two search committees with teacher, parent, student, and administrator representatives have identified three final candidates for each position.
On Monday, April 14 we will have open sessions for the assistant principal position focused on 9-10th grades, student activities, and facility oversight. The three final candidates are: Owen Bradley, Kevin Dean, and Nick Molander.
On Wednesday, April 16 we will have open sessions for the assistant principal position focused on 11-12th grades and special education services. The three final candidates are: Bernice Burroughs, Ben Johnson, and Ed Nasta.
All are invited to meet the April 14 and the April 16 candidates at one of the following times, rotating from one candidate to the next every 20 minutes or so:
- 3:15-4:15 1st Open Candidate Session: Students, teachers, parents travel among three nearby classrooms to listen and ask questions of finalists; or
- 5:00-6:00 2nd Open Candidate Session: Students, teachers, parents travel among three nearby classrooms to listen and ask questions of finalists.
To see the resumes of the candidatse for the April 16, 11-12th/special education position, click here.
For information on this year's Graduation Ceremony, please click here.
Congratulations to all those participating in the Talent Show, Art and Peace Day, and the START Retreat. Student leadership and talents are showcased through these and many other school and class activities!
Events and meetings at BHS this week include:
- Monday, April 7, 7:00 p.m.: School Board Meeting
- Wednesday, April 9, 6:00 p.m.: Multicultural Festival of Foods – Please bring a Dish to Share or Tickets are Available at the Door
- Thursday, April, 10, 7:00 p.m.: Solo and Ensemble Concert
- Friday, April 11, BHS Heroes Day of Action – Blood Drive, 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. and Fashion Show with Red Carpet at 7:00 p.m. and Show at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, April 11: Vermont Latin Day - BHS Latin students will present at the UVM festivities.
Thank you to Sabine Rogers and other students who organized the BHS Ride Share Initiative to help students get to school during the CCTA strike: http://www.wcax.com/story/25100165/bhs-students-help-other-kids-stuck-by-bus-strike
This Friday, April 4 is the student-led Art and Peace Day with a revised schedule for an assembly and workshops with students and community members:
BLOCK 1 8:05 – 9:05
BLOCK 2 9:10 – 10:10
Assembly 10:25 – 10:45
Workshops 10:45 – 12:05
BLOCK 3-1 12:05 – 12:35
3-2 12:36 – 12:43
3-3 12:44 – 1:14
3-4 1:15 - 1:22
3-5 1:23 – 1:53
BLOCK 4 2:00 – 3:00
Other BHS Events and Activities
- The BHS Talent Show: Friday night, April 4 at 7:00 p.m.
- The BHS Multicultural Dinner: Wednesday, April 9 beginning at 6:00 p.m.
- BTC Accomplishments Night: April 10 at 6:00 p.m.
- The Solo and Ensemble Concert: April 10 at 7:00 p.m.
- The Blood Drive: April 11 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- BHS Fashion Show: April 11 benefiting the Vermont Special Olympics: Red Carpet, 7:00; Fashion Show, 7:30 p.m.
- The BHS College Night for Juniors and Their Families: April 16 at 7:00 p.m.
This Week's Calendar
- Monday, March 24 - Spring Sports Begin After School
- Monday, March 24 - Orchestra Night, BHS Auditorium, 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 25 - Report Cards Mailed Home